Pages

Sofar Manila Anniversary

An extremely overdue post of such an awesome event. This was my first gig night camera-less, so I got to enjoy the entire thing without taking photos. It was awkward and uncomfortable, because I keep getting this urge to take a photo, then I remember: oh, no camera. But it was so much fun. I had absolutely no idea who was playing that night, until they started setting up.


This was the first time I heard Dearest perform, and it was love at first note. Got to chat with their vocalist, Jackie, while charging our phones. I may have fangirled a bit. But seriously, they are so good. I hope they win Wanderband because I'd love to see them play on a bigger stage. <3 nbsp="" p="">

One of my favorite local acts, Moonwlk, played next. It was like my birthday coming in early because I've always wanted to hear them play acoustic. Wish granted. This is one of my favorite songs off their album. So glad I got a copy of it via their facebook, because I can't seem to catch their gigs last year.

Barbie Almalbis closed the event by playing songs off her new album, and took a few requests after we all started chanting for more. So happy to hear Fireworman and Money For Food live. Such sweet sweet nostalgia.


I know I keep saying this, but seriously, nothing compares to hearing good music live. I'm not sure if it's the sound system, or my mid-level headphones I own, or just the energy at gigs, but good music is best heard live. If there's anything I'm most excited about, it's that. But I'm yet to go to my first gig this year. Missed a really good one this month.

x
Henri

** Photo and images from Sofar Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment